Well as luck would have it when I walked out of the hotel after my nap for lunch, it was raining. Not a great soaking rain, but more of a Seattle rain-drizzle-mist. I kinda like those, so it ended up being okay that I left my rain jacket up in my room.
I walked down the block and around the corner to try a different restaurant on Pariserstrasse (where I ate Saturday evening). I sat down outside at a restaurant called Solo and waited for the waitress to bring a menu. (Note: almost all of the outdoor cafes and restaurants have large awnings covering their outdoor seating.)
I ordered a grilled chicken salad that came with lots of vegetables so I could hopefully fight off my low-blood sugar/lack of nutrition thing. I felt better before I had even finished. The rain had picked up to slightly more than a drizzle so I hastily walked back to the hotel and began to work on uploading photos (which are now online, by the way.)
The rain has continued most of the afternoon, so I just stayed here and talked to Karen and worked on my photos. Per Dr. Rogers's advice, I planned extra days for weather into my schedule, so it's easy enough to just shift what few plans I had for today over to Saturday and declare today a trip-holiday.
Not much else is going on, aside from the group of elephants still occupying the building. Seriously, is it really necessary to stomp around the hotel and talk obnoxiously loud? A few minutes ago a group of them tried my door handle wondering if it was a bathroom; no geniuses, those are around the corner...and are clearly labeled. At least the doors have effective locks.
That's probably all for today, folks, so expect to hear from me tomorrow!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Glad to know that you are feeling better...rainy days are wonderful for snoozing and reading - make the most of it! Love u, Mom
you do have a very nice toilet, though...
you should go here:
Die Masche
Petra Hanke
Grussdorfstraße 2
13507 Berlin
Deutschland
I still can't believe that you willingly ordered a salad...
Post a Comment